Monday, February 26, 2018

You're Pretty Darn Amazing

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the Congratulations Circle Frame die to make a fun focal image on my clean and simple design.

You're Pretty Darn Amazing card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
When I first got this die, I wasn't sure about how I'd use it, but as soon as I saw this layout, I knew the die would be a perfect fit!  I cut the circle from both aqua cardstock and craft foam.  After layering the two pieces for dimension, I adhered them to a lighter aqua panel.  The open space in the middle was filled in with a circle cut from sparkly silver cardstock.  For the sentiment, I stamped the "you're pretty darn amazing" sentiment from the Amazing stamp set on a narrow cardstock strip in a third shade of aqua.  I used foam tape to adhere it over the middle of the congratulations circle die cut.  The finished panel was adhered to a card base that matches the die cut.

Materials Used:
Amazing stamp set, Die-namics Congratulations Circle Frame die (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Hawaiian Shores and Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Iced Aqua cardstock (Reverse Confetti); Recollections Silver cardstock (Michaels); craft foam

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips