Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Wedding Wishes

I'm attending a good friend's wedding next month and needed a special card to go along with the gift. This is a simple, but elegant card. I used the Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls embossing folder to emboss the cardfront. The main image, from the set Along the Same Lines, is heat embossed in black embossing powder. I added detail to the image using a gold Zig Painty Pen and Stardust stickles. The edges of the image panel and its mat are punched with the ticket corner punch. This has really grown on me--when I first saw it in the Stampin' Up! catalog, I didn't think I'd ever use it.

I used the mat pack and paper piercing tool to add detail and texture to the strip with the sentiment. I reach for this tool for almost every project now. Paper piercing is so easy to do with the mat pack's template and I love the way it looks. Now that the card's complete, I'm moving on to the next challenge--finding something to wear to the big event . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up: Along the Same Lines and Small Sayings stamp sets; Night of Navy, Bravo Burgundy, Brocade Blue, Whisper White, and Brushed Silver cardstock; Versamark; Basic Black classic ink; stampin' dimensionals; mat pack and paper piercing tool; ticket corner punch; black embossing powder; silver cord;silver/gold Zig Painty Pen
Other: Stardust Stickles; white organdy ribbon; Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirl A2 embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips