Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tin Full of Good Thoughts

I made this little round tin for one of my best friends who's been going through a rough time. She is my stamping/crafting buddy, so I knew that a handmade gift would be one of the best ways to let her know I'm thinking of her and looking forward to spending some time together being creative when she's able.

The tin came from the dollar section at Michaels. The greenish/yellowish color matched perfectly with the colors in the Dots and Dashes designer paper. I cut the paper strip to the correct width for the tin, then wrapped it around the tin without adhesive. I used my fingers to mark the outline of where the hardware was, then used a square punch (twice) to punch out a rectangle slot for the hardware. I glued it on with glue dots from my Elmer's Sticky Dot Stamper. I added a strip of felt ric rac around the edge of the lid. The top is embellished pretty simply. I added a few prima flowers and a chipboard "m," covered in paper to match the tin, on top of a punched out scalloped circle.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Yoyo Yellow cardstock; Dots and Dashes designer paper; silver brads
Other: Marvy Uchida mega circle scalloped punch; teal ric rac (Walmart); prima flowers; Cuttlebug Red Tag Sale alphabet; glue dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips