Monday, March 12, 2007

Cool Color Combo

If you're a returning reader, this color combo might look a little familiar. The color combo of Almost Amethyst, Elegant Eggplant, and Cool Caribbean that I used on one of my challenge cards yesterday is fast becoming one of my favorites. It all started with this card last week. This came together -almost- exactly like I had planned it in my mind. The one big change was the sentiment. I had intended to use the Happy Everything set, not the "hello" image that's on the card. Unfortunately, the "Happy" was way too big, so I had to make a substitution. The images from All in a Row lining the white panel were a last-minute addition as well. Even with my Stamp-a-ma-jig, I'm finding it nearly impossible to line up the images from this set the way I'd like them. It's a good thing that paper has 2 sides . . .

This same color combo also made an appearance on these cute notepads. I have two colleagues celebrating birthdays this week--and on the same day, no less. In addition to special cards for them, I also made each of them one of these covered notepads. I found the detailed directions, along with step by step photos, on ChiChi Allen's blog, Dreams Come True (here). They are quick to make and I had a lot of fun decorating them. I used images from Sweet Shapes to create the image on the cover. The shaded blocks image fit perfectly on the front cover. I finished by adding a small self-adhesive rhinestone to the center of the flower for some sparkle.



Materials Used (Hello Card):
From Stampin' Up!: Sweet Shapes and All in a Row stamp sets; Almost Amethyst, Elegant Eggplant, and Cool Caribbean Classic inks; Almost Amethyst, Elegant Eggplant, Cool Caribbean, and Whisper White cardstock; stampin' dimensionals; mat pack and paper piercing tool; white gel pen; Stamp-a-ma-jig
Other: self-adhesive rhinestone (Dollar Tree)

Materials Used (Notepad):
From Stampin' Up!: Sweet Shapes stamp set; Almost Amethyst, Elegant Eggplant, and Cool Caribbean Classic inks; Almost Amethyst, Elegant Eggplant, Cool Caribbean, and Whisper White cardstock; stampin' dimensionals; Sticky Strip


Other: Cool Caribbean-ish grosgrain (AC Moore clearance bin); self-adhesive rhinestone (Dollar Tree)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips