Tuesday, March 20, 2007

It's a Small World

This card has a "small world" story behind it. Last week, my sister called me and told me she had just heard from one of her good friends from college. The friend enjoys scrapbooking and crafting (unlike my own sister) and was doing an internet search on some crafty things. Guess what came up? My blog! How funny is that? Of all the millions of sites on the internet, she ended up at mine. She called my sister to let her know that she'd found it and bookmarked it. So, here's a card for her. She's moving soon, so I know she's packing up and getting ready to go. Kristen--if you're reading this, I'll get the card to Jill soon so she can get it in the mail to welcome you at your new place.
The card uses the Loads of Love and Loads of Love Accessories sets. Love that truck--it comes in so handy for lots of occasions. I colored it in with the Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an aquapainter, except for the wheels. When I went to color the wheels and needed a black watercolor crayon, I realized I don't have the set of neutral WWCs. I guess I'll be adding that to my next SU! order. The sentiment is stamped with my new set from Papertrey Ink. They sell acrylic stamps that are top quality. I just got my first two sets yesterday and had to try them out.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Loads of Love, Loads of Love Accessories, and Dotted stamp sets; Basic Black, Cool Caribbean, Going Gray, Creamy Caramel Classic inks; Ruby Red, Brocade Blue, Creamy Caramel, and Very Vanilla cardstock; silver brads; Watercolor Wonder Crayons; aquapainter; stampin' dimensionals; bluebird grosgrain ribbon; white gel pen; sponge, 1/16" handheld punch

Other: Paper Tray stamp set (Papertrey Inc.)

2 comments:

  1. Great...you took my idea for the CC! JK...this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey lori,
    this is cute too.
    i just noticed i saved your blog twice. tsss...
    i really need to pull out this set again. it is really cute

    claudi

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips