Saturday, April 7, 2007

Javabellas Chasing Away the Chill

This card featuring two Bellas enjoying steaming hot drinks (Javabellas from Stamping Bella) is perfect for the cold weather we're experiencing now. It's been so cold that on my trip to the beach this week, I have yet to set foot on the beach and probably won't before I go home--way too chilly and windy to even think about it. Maybe next time. . . Anyway, this card is colored with Prismacolor colored pencils blended with Gamsol. I still need to work on my coloring technique! The colors I used on the image were inspired by the bright colors of the striped paper. The smudged patch on the bottom of the image was my attempt at "grounding" the image. The sentiment is on a pull-out tag that peeks out from under the main image. I don't have SU!'s key tag punch, so I cheated and made my own using a corner rounded rectangle.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Small Sayings stamp set; Basic Black Classic ink; Gable Green, Tempting Turquoise, Regal Rose, and Whisper White cardstock; corner rounder punch; celery grosgrain
Other: Javabellas (Stamping Bella);patterned paper (Target); white eyelets (American Crafts); colored pencils (Prismacolor)

2 comments:

  1. Adorable card. I love your bright, cheery colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori,
    I love it. I still have not used my Javabella stamp yet. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips