Saturday, April 14, 2007

Lunch?

I had a great time at the shoebox swap I attended today. It was fun to see some friends from past events and to meet some new ones. All of the cards were fantastic, too. I decided to use the card I brought to the shoebox swap for my swap card for the SCS VA Beach dinner on Friday, so I'll have to wait to share it--I want it to be a surprise (even though anyone who's attending the dinner is most likely not reading this anyway . . .)

I saw versions of this small square pocket card posted on SCS over the last week or so and wanted to give it a try. The original directions are from Dawn Mercedes' blog, Amusing Musings and Things, here. After a test run with some old patterned paper, I used SU!'s Au Chocolate designer paper to make the pocket . It's too bad that this project showcases only one side of this pretty stuff. The images are from a set of clear stamps by Inkadinkadoo, called Fashion. The set has a bunch of body parts, clothes, and accessories that can be combined to create figures. It took a while to figure out the placement of all the pieces and I still need to do some more practicing. I colored in the figure with the Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an aquapainter and added some Stickles as an accent. The card insert says "Let's do lunch." I thought this would be a fun card to send to a friend.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Basic Black and Real Red Classic inks; Chocolate Chip, Real Red, and Very Vanilla cardstock; Au Chocolate designer paper; Watercolor Wonder Crayons; aquapainter; Chocolate Chip and Rose Red markers; round tab punch
Other: Fashion clear stamp set (Inkadinkadoo); mega scalloped square punch (Marvy Uchida); Platinum Stickles (Ranger)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips