Thursday, April 12, 2007

Playing with Papertrey

I decided to take Jen/Genie1314 on SCS up on her blog challenge for this week (her blog is i{heart}2stamp). The challenge was to create a card using only Papertrey Ink stamps. Since I don't have the adorable new Green Thumb set, I went with images from Papertrey's Butterfly Kisses and Paper Tray stamp sets. Unfortunately, I think this creation looked better in my mind than it actually does IRL. My idea was to make a shadow box card. I used the reverse masking technique to stamp a row of flowers on the back piece of the card and filled in the white space by sponging Green Galore and Cool Caribbean ink for grass and sky around the flowers. I added a little dab of Stickles to the centers of the flowers for sparkle--no risk of smearing the Stickles this time since they're behind an acetate panel. That's because I stamped the butterfly images on a piece of transparency using Staz-on inks, hoping to create the effect of a butterfly fluttering through the flowers. As I said before, definitely more effective in my mind . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Cool Caribbean, Green Galore, Orchid Opulence, and Pixie Pink Classic inks; Gable Green and Whisper White cardstock; rose and celery grosgrain; stampin' dimensionals; sponge; Coluzzle and circle template
Other: Butterfly Kisses and Paper Tray stamp sets (Papertrey Ink); transparency sheet; Vibrant Violet and Royal Purple Staz-on; Star Dust Stickles (Ranger)

1 comment:

  1. Super card...great idea to showcase the butterfly in the shadowbox card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips