Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Barrel of Blooms

I loved this sketch that Lauren/mytime posted on her blog on Saturday, so I made sure I took some time to play around with it over the weekend. I thought that the way she used the slit punch to attach the ribbon was a great detail, so I "borrowed" that idea for my own card.

This card uses The Wheel Thing, a set that was in SU!'s mini catalog last summer. Even though I really like this set--the ideas for filling the wheeled things are endless--I have a feeling it won't make the new big catalog in June. I colored the wheelbarrow with markers so I could get different parts of the image to be different colors, then masked the image and stamped Amuse's small oval in gray to ground the image. When I use this set, I always punch out the center of the wheeled image (a shopping cart, wagon, wheelbarrow, and scooter are in the set) and put in a silver brad as a detail. I filled the wheelbarrow with tiny Prima flowers in muted colors. The flowers are attached to the paper with Mono Multi glue and have a dot of Stickles in their centers. The sentiment from Blooming with Happiness was a perfect match for the wheelbarrow overflowing with blooms. The sketch was really easy and fun to work with--I have a feeling that this is one I'll turn to again.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: The Wheel Thing and Blooming with Happiness stamp sets; Brocade Blue and Going Gray Classic inks; Brocade Blue, Going Gray, and Basic Black markers; Barely Banana, Pixie Pink, Brocade Blue, and Whisper White cardstock; slit punch; mat pack and paper piercing tool; light pink grosgrain ribbon; silver brad; glue dots
Other: small oval stamp (Amuse); Prima flowers; pink buttons (Walmart); Stardust Stickles (Ranger)

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! You did a great job on it. Wans't it fun? Such an easy layout.
    TFS!!!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. It may have been an easy layout but it looks great with all the little details you added.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips