Saturday, May 26, 2007

Hot Stuff in the House!

When I got home on Wednesday and saw the little note from the mail carrier, I couldn't for the life of me figure out what could be waiting at the post office that would require my signature for delivery. Mystery solved when I made my way to the post office yesterday and picked up my very first box of stamps from Paper Pretties. Paper Pretties is company that sells a monthly card in a box kit. Each monthly box includes everything you need to to make 6 cards--precut paper, embellishments, directions, and most importantly, new stamps! They offer stamp boxes from three different stamp companies. After much deliberation, I ordered the My Favorite Things box. Part of the reason I picked My Favorite Things is that each month, the box will include a brand new, yet to be released My Favorite Things stamp set set. I thought it would be fun to get a "sneak peek" at the newest stuff. This month's set was a coffee-themed set called "Hot Stuff."

Here's a card for Allison's sketch challenge using the new Hot Stuff set. First, I must admit that I got help with cutting the squiggly line from a wavy edged Plaid ruler thing I bought ages ago (and probably haven't used until this sketch challenge . . .). The patterned paper is from DCWV's Spring Mat Stack. I picked it because the swirls reminded me of the steam swirls coming from the hot drink. Once I had chosen the patterned paper, I picked the rest of the colors for the card. I went with the bright Apricot Appeal for the card front and two shades of pink--Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink--for mats for the image. The image is colored with Prismacolor pencils. I added some Crystal Effects to the coffee mug to make it shiny--hard to tell in the picture, though. The "thanks a latte" sentiment fit exactly within the word window punch--I love when that happens! Check back tomorrow for another card, this time using the things that came in my Paper Pretties box.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Apricot Appeal, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, and Whisper White cardstock; Chocolate Chip and Regal Rose Classic inks; word window punch; dimensionals; Crystal Effects
Other: Hot Stuff stamp set (My Favorite Things); Palette's Noir Black inkpad (Superior); Prismacolor pencils; patterned paper (DCWV's Spring Mat Stack); wavy edged ruler (Plaid); pink grosgrain (AC Moore dollar bin)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips