Thursday, May 10, 2007

No Stamps Here

My collection of pretty patterned papers continues to grow and I am looking for ways to challenge myself to use some of it up. This sketch challenge from Julee's blog, Poetic Artistry, was a push in the right direction for me. There's actually no stamping to be found anywhere on this card--just paper, chipboard, self-adhesive die cuts, and a little bit of ribbon.

All of the paper and die cuts are from SU!'s Friends and Flowers Simply Scrappin' Kit. The images in the kit actually match the images from the Bodacious Bouquet stamp set, but I decided to use a Cuttlebug flower die for the focal image instead of a stamped flower. After I punched out the Cuttlebug flower, I covered it in Tempting Turquoise Craft ink, then with Iridescent Ice embossing powder for sparkle. The leaves are self-adhesive die cuts, as are the flowers in the left corner of the card. Using all of this coordinating stuff from the kit made mixing patterns a little less scary!


Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Friends and Flowers Simply Scrappin' Kit (patterned paper, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, and Cool Caribbean cardstock, self-adhesive die cuts); Tempting Turquoise Craft ink; Iridescent Ice embossing powder; Coluzzle and circle template; dimensionals; glue dot
Other: mega scalloped circle punch (Marvy Uchida); flower die (Cuttlebug); button (American Crafts); white thread (Walmart); green dotted grosgrain (Michaels)

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty. I love those colored flowers in the corner! Thanks for entering my contest.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips