Saturday, June 30, 2007

Bella with Bling!

Today was my "play date" with my friends Michele and Larcy (hi, girls!!). After drooling over the new Stampin' Up! catalog and sharing our favorites, Larcy introduced us to the Quick Kutz and Michele and I introduced Larcy to the magic of Cuttlebug embossing folders. Then we were off on a whirlwind trip to 2 scrapbooking stores, a super Joann's, and a delicious chili dinner at the Hard Times Cafe. I got some fun new toys, including some Crate Paper in different patterns, a container of Prima Flowers, and a desk lamp with a natural/daylight bulb. I'm already looking forward to our next get-together.

I have already put the new lamp to use to take the photo of this card. What a difference! The colors looked "right" without any fiddling with my photo editing program. Definitely a good investment.

Now, the card details . . . This card is for a challenge from Tracy at
Tracy's Happy Place. Tracy provided the sketch and directions to use a Bella image. She even offered to provide Bella images for anyone who needed some to participate in the challenge. Isn't that nice? The Cosmobella image is colored with Prismacolor pencils. The card has lots of bling, courtesy of several self-adhesive rhinestone flowers from a previous trip to Joann.

The patterned papers are both from Michaels. They have really improved the quality and variety of their open stock 12 x 12 papers lately. To coordinate with the paisley pattern on one of the printed papers, I used the Paisley background on the Soft Sky cardstock, too. I love how the blues and the browns look together.


Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Paisley background stamp; Basic Blackand Going Gray Classic inks; Close to Cocoa, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, and Whisper White cardstock; round tab punch
Other: Cosmobella and Cheers stamps (Stamping Bella); small oval (Amuse Art Stamps); striped paper (My Mind's Eye Bohemia line); paisley paper (Deja Views Fresh Print line); Prismacolor pencils; self adhesive rhinestone flowers (Joann)

5 comments:

  1. She looks awesome!! Thanks for playin' and good luck! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Bella card! I love the colors and bling!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shopping and playing yesterday was a lot of fun! Thanks for my early b-day gift (Clever Lever Giga Circle Punch--yay!) When did you have time to make such a cute card?!?! I love the color combo and the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I received my order of Bella's last week, and I still haven't had a chance to use them. This card is great. tfs

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips