Monday, June 4, 2007

Brought to a Birthday Barbeque

I attended a birthday celebration barbeque yesterday. In addition to my black bean salsa (see the recipe here), I brought this card for the birthday girl. I used the sketch that Beate posted on her blog for this card.

I used the You Take the Cake set from My Favorite Things. I love how the clear acrylic images let you place the images easily. I was able to center the floral cake on the cake stand on the very first try! I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and added Stickles to the flower centers and the candle flames. I also sponged around the edges of the circle with some Pretty in Pink ink.
The floral patterned paper is from Chatterbox's Scrapbook Walls line. The last time I was at the beach in Delaware, the Michaels near our house had tons of it on clearance. Since the paper has a little texture to it, I used a textured paper from a DCWV paper stack for the large scalloped circle and the paper pierced strip across the card. The scallop is decorated with one of Gina K.'s frames and doodles stamps specially designed for these punches. A trio of pink Prima flowers to match the floral cake and paper were the finishing touch. Cute sketch! I'm sure I'll try it again.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Pretty in Pink and Close to Cocoa Classic inks; Close to Cocoa and Whisper White cardstock; mat pack and paper piercing tool; small corner rounder; sponge; dimensionals; glue dots
Other: You Take the Cake stamp set (My Favorite Things Stamps); Large Circles Scalloped Frames & Doodles (Gina K. Designs); Noir Black Palette ink (Stewart Superior); Rosey Nook Blossoms patterned paper (Chatterbox's Scrapbook Walls line); Prismacolor pencils; giga scalloped circle and mega circle punches (Marvy Uchida); Prima flowers; brads (Joann); Stardust Stickles (Ranger)

3 comments:

  1. Lori, your card is stunning! I love the soft colors. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for participating in the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! I don't have the MFT birthday cake stamp, but I have another SU! one that's similar. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips