Thursday, July 12, 2007

Cool Cosmobella Thanks

Today's been a crazy, busy day and I'm so glad it's finally almost Friday. I had leave work in the middle of the day (and in the middle of a meeting) to take Cosmo to the vet. Since Monday night, he's been crying out a little when he goes to lie down or when he moves around, so neither of us has been sleeping too much. It turns out he has some kind of neck problem which will hopefully resolve itself without further intervention. He is such a wimp at the vet that I have to go in the "back" with the vet and the techs for all of his procedures to help hold and comfort him. Fortunately, they like him enough to be extra tolerant with all of his eccentricities . . .

So, while I was taking Cosmo back home so I could return to work, I noticed that all of the materials I had so carefully photocopied and prepared to hand out to my classmates and instructor for my final presentation at my grad school class tonight had spilled out of my tote bag in the back seat of the car and that Cosmo was drooling and slobbering and shedding all over them. Way to end the semester . . . I managed to salvage them and get the presentation completed uneventfully and I am now officially 2/3 of the way to finishing my masters degree. Friday can't be here soon enough!

Here's a quick thank you card I made with Cosmobella from Stamping Bella. I love the combination of Soft Sky with shades of brown. Such a cool look! The velvet flocked paper is from Target. I've collected it in a bunch of colors and styles now and this is the first time I've used the brown, I think. The stitched grosgrain tied across the front of the card is straight IRL--I don't know why it looks so crooked in the photo.

The Bella is colored with Prismacolor pencils. I stamped the "cheers!" sentiment repeatedly across the card. Having the stamp on an acrylic block made it so easy to line the image up straight and stamp it quickly.

My new Stampin' Up! stuff is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Is it Friday yet???

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Soft Sky, Close to Cocoa, and Basic Black Classic inks; Soft Sky, Close to Cocoa, and Whisper White cardstock; horizontal slot punch
Other: Cosmobella and Cheers! stamps (Stamping Bella); small oval (Amuse Art Stamps); flocked paper (Target); Prismacolor pencils; brown stitched grosgrain (Michaels); white brads (Making Memories)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips