Saturday, July 7, 2007

Keeping it Simple

Last day at the beach, then a return to a useable internet connection. That's pretty much the only thing I've missed from home on my short vacation . . .

This card was based on a challenge from Jen at I{heart}2stamp. The challenge was to create a card with LOTS of white space showing. I used Vases in Vogue (again . . . don't worry, my first order of stuff from the new SU! catalog should arrive on Friday, so I'll have some new stamp sets to play with soon).

The vase is stamped on Lovely Lilac cardstock, then cut out and attached to the white panel with a dimensional. The flower has a tiny self-adhesive rhinestone in its center. I stamped it on Almost Amethyst cardstock, then cut it out and glued it to the white panel.

I attached two scalloped squares together to form the mat for the panel with the vase. The bottom corners of the card are rounded to go along with the rounded lines of the scalloped panel.

It was hard to stick to just white, so I ended up with some paper piercing across the cardfront to "fill" the empty space. I stamped the sentiment first, then lined up the template for paper piercing.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Vases in Vogue stamp set; Lovely Lilac and Basic Black Classic inks; Certainly Celery marker; Lovely Lilac, Almost Amethyst, and Whisper White cardstock; mat pack and paper piercing tool; white gel pen; dimensionals; small corner rounder
Other: mega scalloped square punch (Marvy Uchida); self-adhesive rhinestone

2 comments:

  1. I love this card. It looks clean and pretty. GReat job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely. I am on a kikk right now of making my cards simple. Some times simplicty can be quite beautiful. :)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips