Thursday, August 16, 2007

Special Flower

This bright and cheerful card is based on a sketch from Jen Del Muro's blog, I {heart} 2 stamp. The sketch was easy to work with and this card came together very quickly.

There's really not a lot of stamping on this card. I knew I wanted to use some more of my new stuff, so I ended up choosing materials for the card based on that. I used a piece of chipboard from the On Board Blossoms that was available to demos attending the SU! convention. I covered it in Regal Rose craft ink, then with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. I didn't use the center pieces of the flower here. Instead, I replaced them with a button from a set I got on clearance at Walmart. The button is a pretty good match for Blue Bayou. The self-adhesive rhinestone at the button's center covers most of the button holes. The leaves are from the Ginormous Flower set. They're the perfect size to go with this big flower.

The Flowers for You patterned paper has a similar shaped flower, so I thought it would work well with this big chipboard piece. I used the Whimsy jumbo wheel to cover the Blue Bayou piece. It also has some images that are similar to the Flowers for You patterned paper. I stamped "special" in Blue Bayou ink on the patterned paper. At first, it looked much, much darker, but now it seems to look close to Blue Bayou. I'm thinking that maybe I should have used Blue Bayou stitched ribbon across the front instead of the lighter pink, but it's too late for that now.

Cosmo and I are heading to the beach for a mini-vacation. Hopefully, it will not be stormy there like it is here right now! Maybe Cosmo will be brave and actually get in the water this time . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Ginormous Flowers and Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp sets; Whimsy jumbo wheel and handle; Blue Bayou, Pretty in Pink, and Always Artichoke Classic inks; Regal Rose Craft ink; Regal Rose, Blue Bayou, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White cardstock; Flowers for You designer paper; Iridescent Ice embossing powder; silver brads; Pretty in Pink grosgrain; On Board Blossoms chipboard
Other: self-adhesive rhinestone (Michaels); blue button (Walmart)

2 comments:

  1. GREAT card!! Love that chipboard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Love this card Lori!! I will totally be casing that one from you...if it's okay?!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips