Monday, August 13, 2007

Stem Silhouette Sympathy

My preview order from the SU! Holiday Mini Collection arrived today. Along with the bunch of stamp sets, designer papers, and accessories I HAD to have after convention, one of the sets on my order was Stem Silhouettes. I don't have any sets in my collection that look like this one and I thought that it would be a good style to have. I also remember thinking that this set might come in handy for things like sympathy cards. I didn't plan on needing it for that purpose right away, but unfortunately, I found out last night that I did. One of my colleagues had a death in her family, so this card will be sent to her to let her know that her family is in my thoughts.

One of the tall floral images from Stem Silhouettes is stamped on three panels of River Rock cardstock. I stamped the image three times in Always Artichoke ink on each panel without reinking between stamping so that the image appears in different shades of ink. I like the look that created. I also sponged the edges of the panel with River Rock ink, but that detail doesn't really show up in the photo.

The embellishments are also new arrivals to my collection. I used the photo corner punch to add some detail to the upper left corner of the card. I also used new kraft taffeta ribbon around the front of the card. I really like the soft brown color of the ribbon--I think it will be a new favorite.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Stem Silhouettes and Warmest Regards stamp sets; Almost Artichoke and River Rock Classic inks; Almost Artichoke, River Rock, Buckaroo Blue, Kraft, and Very Vanilla cardstock; kraft taffeta ribbon; large oval punch; sponge; dimensionals
Other: copper square brads (Making Memories)

6 comments:

  1. This is perfect for a sympathy card - the soft colors are so soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How elegant looking - just perfect for a Sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card. I like the soft feel this card has. I may rethink getting that set as well. Ida

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, you make the most amazing cards..it is always exciting to come on to see what you have posted next :)! Keep on stampin :)!

    www.mystampinggrounds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips