Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tag Punch Flower Fun

I start my fall semester of graduate school tomorrow night after work, so I'm getting in some extra stamping time while I still have a chance. On Friday, as part of the weekly blogger challenge we participate in, Pat posted a tutorial on her blog showing how to make flowers using the SU! tag punches and designer paper. I'd tried this once before and found it kind of frustrating. But, after checking out Pat's step by step directions and great photos, I decided to give it another try. Much better this time!

Here's what I ended up with. I used the small tag punch and Fall Flowers double sided designer paper to make this flower. The center of the flower is a large self-adhesive rhinestone flower with another tiny rhinestone added to the center. It took a while to come up with a layout for this card. The flower is big and takes up so much space on the cardfront. I decided that all it needed was a stem with leaves (made from a piece of olive grosgrain ribbon) and a simple sentiment.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Sweet Shapes and Linen stamp sets; Soft Sky and Really Rust Classic inks; Soft Sky, Groovy Guava, and Kraft cardstock; Fall Flowers designer paper; small tag punch; large oval punch
Other: self-adhesive rhinestone flower (Joann); small rhinestone (Walmart); olive grosgrain (AC Moore dollar bin)

5 comments:

  1. OMG! I just love these tag punch flowers! Your card is especially cute with the Fall Flowers DP! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..Love your tag punch flower card. Thanks for the link to Pat's tutorial..I will give it a try.
    Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! IU am posting the challenge cards tonight : )
    Pat
    www.patstamps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips