Monday, September 24, 2007

Halloween Suspension Card

Wow--I can't believe that Halloween's just a little over a month away now. I realized I hadn't yet posted this fun card I made with my friend Michele and wanted to make sure that I shared it with you before the season passed me by. This is a fun suspension card featuring the jack-o-lantern from Carved & Candlelit. The opening for the jack-o-lantern was made by using the Coluzzle to cut an oval opening from the purple mat and an oval frame from an orange piece of cardstock.

I like the fun jack-o-lantern face, but I think my favorite feature on this card is the background. The background was done by stamping the Sanded background in white craft ink on a piece of black cardstock. The ink was covered with clear embossing powder and heat embossed. The result was a glossy, textured, woven looking image that kind of resembles a spider web--a nice detail to add to a Halloween-themed project.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Carved & Candlelit and Sanded background stamp sets; Only Orange and Basic Black Classic inks; White Craft ink; Versamark; Green Galore, Basic Black, Lovely Lilac, Only Orange, Close to Cocoa, and Whisper White cardstock; round tab punch; ticket corner punch; Coluzzle and oval templates; clear embossing powder
Other: Karen Foster Snap Stamps; green brads (?); monofilament fishing line

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips