Sunday, September 30, 2007

A Happy Shower

I realized that I forgot to share this card that I made earlier this week using the My Favorite Things stamp set I got in my August Paper Pretties card kit box. I used a layout that Jen posted on her blog (see it here). I stayed fairly close to the sketch, or at least I think I did.

The main image is the girl from Shower Time. I colored her with Prismacolor pencils and did some sponging for the sky. To make the umbrella, I stamped the umbrella portion of the images on scraps of the Loves Me designer paper from last year's Stampin' Up! winter mini catalog. I carefully cut along the outline of the umbrella and arranged the paper pieces on the umbrella on the white panel. I used a piece of paper with the same pattern for the strip on the left side of the card.
To go along with the dots on the patterned paper, I used my paper piercing tool to make a row of "dots" to frame the main image and added a piece of dotted pink organdy ribbon, too.

Instead of making this a shower-themed card of some kind, I used the word "happy" from Everyday Flexible Phrases as a sentiment. I stamped it on the "fold" side of the round tab punch piece and slid it under the image panel.

Materials Used:
Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp set, Basic Black, Regal Rose, and Cool Caribbean Classic inks, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Cool Caribbean, and Whisper White cardstock, Loves Me designer series paper, mat pack and paper piercing tool, round tab punch, slit punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Shower Time stamp set (My Favorite Things Stamps); heart brad (Joann); pink dotted organdy ribbon (Michaels)

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips