Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Magical Witchybella

It was nice to come home after a long and stressful day at work (a last minute "informal" discussion that I was to participate in with a colleague turned out to be a pretty formal presentation/interview, one with lots of direct questions that required specific, detailed responses--ugh!) to relax with some stamping!

This card is for today's SCS sketch challenge. It's hard to tell from the photo, but the front panel of the card is actually about one inch less in width than the standard card size. When the card is open, you can see that the image panel hangs over the edge of the front panel just a little bit. Fun variation on the traditional card style . . .

The main image is Stamping Bella's Witchybella. I've had this stamp for a while, but this is the very first time I've used it. So cute! She's stamped with Brilliance ink in Graphite Black. I'm really liking this ink. It's a real black and once it's heat set, has held up well when I've colored in images. I colored her with Prismacolor pencils and added some glitter embellishments to her hat and some Glaze pen to the jack-o-lantern. I also added a trio of metal star brads to fill in the white space on the image panel.

The sentiment is from Amuse. As soon as I saw it, I knew it would be the perfect match for Witchybella! It doesn't show in the picture, but I traced over the word "magical" with some Stardust gel pen glitter.

I definitely think I'll try this layout again. It's just a little bit out of the ordinary, but not too hard to pull off.

Materials Used:
Lovely Lilac Classic ink, Only Orange, Green Galore, Lovely Lilac, and Whisper White cardstock, black grosgrain, slit punch, corner rounder (Stampin' Up!); Brilliance Graphite Black ink (Tsukineko); Witchybella stamp (Stamping Bella); sentiment (Amuse); striped paper (Colorbox pack from Joann); dotted paper (DCWV's Fall Mat Stack); Stardust Stickles (Ranger); Stardust Pen, orange Glaze pen (Sakura); star brads (Making Memories); Prismacolor pencils

7 comments:

  1. I like that...I like the layout!! Fun Card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori! This is so cute! I really like how you scalloped the inside edge! That looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout and fun patterned paper! The scallop and brads add just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's sweet!! Gotta love those bellas,i think we're all addicted to them,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute...great sentiment for this card! I have to do this challenge...love that sketch! ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips