Sunday, November 4, 2007

Flowers of Friendship

I'm back from my beach weekend. It was blustery and chilly at the bay, but nice to get away for even just a day or two. We did some outlet shopping and some slot machine playing (I actually won a bit for a change!). Since we left early this afternoon I had time to participate in this week's featured stamper challenge. This week's stamper is Jimmi/jpmayo. You can see her SCS gallery here and her blog here. I'm so glad I didn't miss this one. I met Jimmi in the spring at the SCS dinner the weekend of the VA Beach regional seminar. She is such a sweetie! If I remember right, I think she won the door prize I made for the dinner.

I love the cards in Jimmi's gallery made with Roses in Winter, so I knew I'd want to work with one of those cards. I chose this one that has a panel with roses and the sentiment stamped in the center of the panel.

I made a few changes in the card I did tonight. Since I don't have Roses in Winter I used the Daisy set from Kitchen Sink Stamps. I stamped the three-step daisy image with chalk inks on a piece of shimmery white cardstock and stamped a sentiment from the set in the middle of the panel. I added some Stickles to the flower centers and used a photo corner in the lower right corner, but a little differently than Jimmi did in her card.

For the background, I used the Cuttlebug Stylized Flowers embossing folder instead of a stamped image. I highlighted the embossed parts with a shimmery white ink pad.

When I looked at my blog's counter today, I noticed that I'm getting really close to 50,000 visits. Wow! I think it may actually reach that big, round number tomorrow. Be sure to check back tomorrow for some blog candy to celebrate the milestone . . .

Materials Used:
Daisy stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Pixie Dust, Pink Grapefruit, Spanish Olive, and Aloe Vera chalk inks (VersaMagic); Warm Red, and brown chalk inks (Color Box); Rose Red, Cameo Coral, Mellow Moss, and Shimmery White cardstock, photo corner punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); brads (Making Memories); Crystal Ice Ice Stickles (Ranger); brown satin ribbon (Joann); Stylized Flowers embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Moonlight White pigment ink (Brilliance)

12 comments:

  1. I love your daisies card! So beautiful!

    eLLen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the roses card, such pretty colours and roses are gorgeous anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I love the embossed background

    ReplyDelete
  4. saw your card on scs, so i had to check out your blog...love it! i would love to include you in my blogroll if you don't mind. just let me know, and i'll add you to it today ~ thanx!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Lori!! Love the colors and those gorgeous flowers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, I love the colors and I really like that Kitchen Sink stamp set, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card,the shimmer on the cuttlebug background looks great!
    TFS your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Lori!

    Glad to hear you had a nice weekend away AND that you won a little at the slots ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a pretty card. I like how you did your background :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colors in this card. I have that emobssing folder and need to use it more. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips