Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Holiday Greetings and Sale Information

Here's my final holiday card of the season with wishes to you and your family for a joyous holiday season and a wonderful new year. Since I don't celebrate Christmas, I love finding fun non-traditional color combinations for holiday season cards. This patterned paper is so fun with its pretty shades of pink and a touch of green , too. It's been sitting on my stamp table waiting to use since I rescued it from Cosmo's mouth--he found it in a bag in the hallway and chomped off a corner. I guess I deserved that for not putting my stuff away. Fortunately, most of the paper was still intact and free of teeth marks, so I was able to put it to use.

The snowflake and sentiment images are from the Snow Flurry stamp set, available at Kitchen Sink Stamps. I stamped the large snowflake and sentiment with Regal Rose craft ink. The snowflake is heat embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder (which I managed to spill all over the ink pad--I guess I'll be trying to figure out how to salvage the pad after I finish this post . . .) and embellished with some Dew Drops (also from Kitchen Sink Stamps). I used one of my holiday gifts to myself--my new Nestabilities dies--to cut out the snowflake. These are so much fun to use and so easy, too.

Now that all the Christmas presents are opened, the post-Christmas sales are about to begin. If you're ready to do some shopping (asI always am!), I want to give you a heads-up about a one day special that will be going on at Kitchen Sink Stamps tomorrow (December 26). Maria will be offering a 15% discount on all purchases in the Kitchen Sink Store. To get the discount, enter the promotion code BOWS when prompted at the shopping cart. Happy shopping!

Materials Used:
Snow Flurry stamp set and Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); patterned paper (Joyful Twinkle by KI Memories); Regal Rose Craft ink, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White cardstock, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, mat pack and paper piercing tool, silver cord, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); rose grosgrain ribbon (Michaels dollar bin); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities)

5 comments:

  1. Lori, your card is so stinkin' pretty! Love the colours and those Dew Drops are so nice! I really must get some ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the colors. I really like the layout too.
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors of this card - so untraditional but yet so pretty and elegant!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pink!!! The baubles are great too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pretty pink Christmas card! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips