Sunday, February 17, 2008

Shoebox Swap Card

Here's the card I'm bringing to the shoebox swap I'm attending today. I used one of my new SU!stamp sets, Wonderful You. I tried to keep the card simple, but not too simple. That's a hard line to find, isn't it? Well, when there are 24 cards to get through, you want to keep them pretty quick to do so you can get to all of them.

I wanted to use some patterned paper on my card, since that's a quick way to add color and pattern to a card without a lot of time or effort. So, I pulled out this dotted paper from the Fall Flowers DSP pack--love that stuff! I used it as the color inspiration for the card. Groovy Guava isn't a color in the paper I picked, but I think it works okay with the other colors here.

I used the outline and solid flower image from Wonderful You for the main images on the card. The solid image is stamped once, while the outline image is stamped several times. I used Confetti White cardstock for the image panel, something I don't use too often, but I think it looks nice here. I did some sponging around the edges of the cardstock using Really Rust ink and added a little Dazzling Diamonds to the flower center.

The flower image is matted on Really Rust and Old Olive cardstock. I added a punched photo corner piece with silver brads at the corner of the image for a pop of color. Add a piece of ribbon and stamp the sentiment and the card's done. I hope everyone likes it!

Materials Used:
Wonderful You stamp set, Groovy Guava and Really Rust Classic inks, Groovy Guava, Really Rust, Soft Sky, Old Olive, and Confetti White cardstock, Fall Flowers designer paper, photo corner punch, silver brads, Mellow Moss grosgrain ribbon, sponge

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I love this! That photo corner steals the show! Love it! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful, I love it and so will everybody else that receives it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked it a lot, Lori!!! One of my favorite new stamp sets, too! It was great to see you again today.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips