Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Blog Hop #1

Tonight is the very first Papertrey Ink Blog Hop. The Blog Hop is a new monthly event where stampers create a project based on a challenge, incorporating some Papertrey Ink product into their creation, of course, and post the project on their blog at a designated time. This month's challenge was to create a project with ribbon as the focal point. I don't think my idea for using ribbon is particularly new or unique, but it's something that I haven't tried doing before.

I had ordered some of Papertrey's new ribbon in my last order, so I used that for my project. I kept the design simple to let the ribbon stand out. My card is a white base with blocks of Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush cardstock. The only stamping here is the sentiment, a phrase from the Shapes by Design set, stamped in Berry Sorbet to stand out from the white panel. For some reason, I have a hard time getting these colors to come out looking "true" in my photo--they're much prettier IRL!

The ribbon piece is created by simply folding the ribbon repeatedly and securing the folds with glue dots. I used glue dots because they stick fast and don't need time to try. Since they're dry, they don't leave a mark on the ribbon or cause it to stiffen. The strip is attached to the cardfront with a strip of Duck adhesive (like Tombow's MonoAdhesive).

I'm looking forward to checking out what everyone else has created using ribbon and getting some new ideas to try out. You can find the list of participating bloggers and check out all the action here on the Papertrey Ink Forum.

Materials Used:
Shapes by Design stamp set, Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, and White cardstock, Berry Sorbet ink, Sweet Blush stitched grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); glue dots (Michaels); silver brad (Joann)

22 comments:

  1. Very cute... never would have thought to bunch the ribbon up like that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lori! SO CUTE!!
    Becks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ribbon pleats! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ribbon gathered like this, Lori! Great job on the ribbon challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful gathered ribbon -- love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That look so neta I love it. Great idea for using glue dots too that would be nice and fast & clean!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice. love the bunched up ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good idea with the glue dots! tfs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good idea with the glue dots! tfs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your adorable strip of gathered ribbon, Lori! Wonderful element to complete your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cool idea....love the look on your card!! thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute... what a great way to do it without sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhh.... this is my kinda card... simple and elegant! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card and fabulous tip!! I never thought about using glue dots...I love the look but it's a pain to drag out the sewing machine. I'll try your ribbon technique soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a beautiful simple clean design. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks SO much for the great tip to use glue dots - I thought you've used the sewing machine! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job on the pleating - not an easy task! It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips