Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sparkly Star

I love this sparkly paper from DCWV's Baby Boy Nursery paper pad. It's a perfect match for a gold star. Gold is a little out of my usual "box." I am much more a silver kind of person.

Here, I paired a chipboard star with the sparkly paper and images from two of Verve Visual's star stamp sets. I used Julee's Mojo Monday sketch for the design. The chipboard star is from a package of bulk chipboard SU! has been offering to demos and it's the first time I've used one of the star shapes. I covered it with gold pigment ink and waited for it to try. If you don't wait for it to dry (or speed the process along with a heat tool), your dimensional or glue dot won't stick to the star--lesson learned today. The star is embellished with a stamped star image, punched out with SU!'s large star punch. The punch matches the Verve stamp set's star perfectly and works well layered on the chipboard piece.

I stamped the flourish/swirly image directly on the corners of the sparkly striped paper. Because of the glitter already on the paper, parts of the image didn't ink too well, but the intent is there . . .

The sentiment on the panel across the front is also from a Verve Visual set, this one called Happy Thoughts. I purposely stamped the image so I could place the trio of gold brads opposite the stars. I like the look of the circle brads with the dots on the star image. I rarely use gold brads, so I had a hard time finding them in my collection. I wish this card had photographed better--it is so much prettier in person!

I'm still dealing with a rotten cold, so I'm off to take it easy and rest and keep an eye on Cosmo the crazy dog. He ate part of a peace lily plant in the middle of the night and is not quite himself right now. A little internet research showed that the plant may be somewhat toxic. I guess a trip to the vet will be in order tomorrow morning between my meetings for work. We haven't been there in about 3 months, so they're probably wondering where we've been and what odd circumstance will cause us to return! Cosmo never fails to keep my life interesting . . .

Materials Used:
Seeing Stars, Polka Stars, and Happy Thoughts stamp sets (Verve Visual); Blue Bayou and Soft Sky Classic inks, Blue Bayou and Soft Sky cardstock, Blue Bayou Prints Series designer paper, chipboard star, large star punch, glue dots (Stampin' Up!); Galaxy Gold pigment ink (Brilliance); gold brads (Making Memories); patterned paper (DCWV's Nana's Nursery: Baby Boy pack)

6 comments:

  1. sooo beautiful Lori,
    i like all your cards.
    hugs

    Claudia
    aka
    ClaudiafromGermany@scs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Lori!!
    Pretty colors..
    and papers.
    I love your stars!!
    I like working with stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks gorgeous! Love that sparkly paper. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this card. Its so fresh and clean looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colors of this...the crisp simple layout, the layers, just all of it! fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so pretty Lori! You always make the most amazing cards!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips