Friday, April 18, 2008

Blogger Challenge: Week 43

This week's challenge was to use chipboard. So, my challenge to you is to find the chipboard "hidden" on my card.

I used the SU! Boatloads of Love set for the images on this card. The image is colored with Copic markers. I used a sponge and some Ballet Blue ink to fill in the sky around the boat.

Now, here's where the chipboard comes in. A while ago, I ordered some of the bulk chipboard hearts and stars that SU! made available to demos. Since the package came with tons of small hearts, I thought I'd use one in the back of the boat from Boatloads of Love instead of the heart image that came with the set. I smushed the heart in a Real Red craft pad, then covered it with Iridescent Ice and heat embossed it. It is so shimmery and pretty!

The cardfront is embossed with the D'Vine Swirls Cuttlebug folder. I like the swirls paired with the boat--kinda like "wavy" waters. To go with all of the circles found on the boat image, I used a piece of patterned paper from the Summer Picnic pack to break up the blue cardfront. The sentiment was originally one long strip of words. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line it up and stamp it in two rows so it would fit on a circle.

Be sure to check out what the other challenge players have created for this week's challenge. I'm sure you'll find a bunch of great ideas for using chipboard in your creations. You can find links to their blogs in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Boatloads of Love stamp set, Ballet Blue Classic ink, Real Red Craft ink, Ballet Blue, Real Red, and Bashful Blue cardstock, Summer Picnic designer paper, sponge, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, On Board Hearts & Stars chipboard, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); D'Vine Swirls embossing folder (Cuttlebug); red brads (Joann); markers (Copic); silver Glaze pen (Sakura)

20 comments:

  1. CUTE card, and that chipboard heart is fantastic! Love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for the chipboard heart, Lori! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card Lori! Your chipboard heart is perfect for this little love boat! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Lori! Your chipboard heart is the perfect finish to a bright and fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super CUTE card - love the bling on your chipboard heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute Lori! One of my favorite sets! Love the heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! Love the glitter on the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The "bling" chipboard piece really adds to your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable, Lori. I swear, that little boat set is calling my name. I used Denise's set for a few cards but don't have it myself. Hey, maybe I can get it with my SAB bucks. Gotta go look at that now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! The heart is perfect there. I love using II EP on my chipboard, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is so cute. I love it! -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute. Love the sparkly heart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how pretty! The heart is just divine on your card. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now just how CUTE is that heart on the boat! Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great way to use the chipboard as an accent! It is so sparkly!!! I wish I could see it in person! Hope you had lots of fun today, swapping!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fantastic idea! I just love all that sparkle! Just wonderful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is so cute! That heart is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty card, hope you had a blast at your shoebox swap!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the glitz heart addition and design of your card Lori!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips