Friday, May 2, 2008

Blogger Challenge: Week 45

The theme for week's challenge is one that's near and dear to my heart--graduation. That's because I am almost done with my (second!) masters degree, this one in instructional technology. Just two more classes in June and I will graduate by the end of the summer--yay! It's taken three long and expensive years to complete this program and I'm so glad that it will be finished. I'm not sure if I can say with certainty that this will be my last degree, though. I'm one of those people that would be thrilled to be a full-time student again. I don't mind writing papers and doing research and all the stuff that comes with being a student--I know that's kind of odd, but that's just me . . .

Here's my card for the challenge. I used the In the Stars stamp set from the current SU! Occasions Mini Catalog. The images and the sentiment in the set are perfect for a graduation card. I stamped two of the star images in bright colors and trimmed closely around them. I added a little bit of Dazzling Diamonds to the big star image. The stars are set on a pair of blue panels, then attached to the cardfront with dimensionals.

I sewed around the designer paper panel for some more texture and interest. Please ignore my not straight sewing--I definitely need more practice with this! I added the sentiment in bold navy ink right on the patterned paper and tied a red ribbon around the panel.

Be sure to check out the rest of the challenge participants for more ideas for graduation cards. You can find links to their blogs in the sidebar to the right.

Materials Used:
In the Stars stamp set, Real Red, Summer Sun, and Night of Navy Classic inks, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, and Whisper White cardstock, Summer Picnic designer paper, Dazzling Diamonds, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); red satin ribbon (Michaels); sewing machine

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on almost being done Lori!
    Love the card and colours! Fab stitching too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card is great, know what you mean about being a professional student, if I could find someone to pay for me I would be one for sure. congratulations on nearing the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, bright, celebratory card! Your stitching is a wonderful accent to the card - and I wasnt' measuring to see if they were straight! Great job on the card and on being almost completed in your studies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Lori! Love the layout and the sewing (which looks very straight to me) is a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, congratulations on being so close to done with this one! Great card, I so love that set and agree it is perfect for graduations. Love the stitching. Adds so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Love the circle behind the stars for a really nice layout! Congrats on almost getting being done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is a wonderful card...and your stitching looks fine. Love the very festive look of this card. Fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Lori! Your card is simply wonderful! Your sewing turned out lovely too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card, Lori! I love the bright colors! (We're just running into each other all over the cyber-stamping world! It's great to work with you!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card Lori....it looks GREAT! Conrats too on almost finishing! I know that'll be a relief when your done! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the primary color palette for a grad card! Really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your upcoming degree! that is wonderful! Your card is adorable too! Creative and smart? Hardly seems fair...

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips