Saturday, May 31, 2008

Mail with Mojo

I got the adorable Mailbox Greetings set along with my last Papertrey Ink order and hadn't used them yet, so I decided to try them out for this week's Mojo Monday sketch challenge from Julee. I thought the mailbox images would work well for the larger panel across the cardfront.

I stamped the mailbox and grass images in Memento ink, then colored them with Copic markers. I feel like I'm getting a little better with understanding how to work with these markers, but I still have a lot of practicing and learning to do. I don't have the fancy Copic airbrushing system, so I added grass and sky by sponging on some ink.
The sentiment is also from the Mailbox Greetings set. I stamped it on a scrap of Soft Sky cardstock, then punched it out with a circle punch. I really like how the layered half-circle sentiment panel works on this layout.
The striped patterned paper is by Daisy Bucket. I picked it up last week at the stamp shop where I took the Copic marker class. This is the first time I've used Daisy Bucket paper and I really like this stuff--it's double sided and has a nice texture to it, too.
Heavy rain is coming and I have to get Cosmo the crazy dog to his bath appointment, so I'll keep this post quick. Hopefully I'll be back later with some more things to share.
Materials Used:
Mailbox Greetings stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Blue Bayou, Cool Caribbean, and Old Olive Classic ink, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, and Real Red cardstock, Chocolate Chip poly twill ribbon, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, silver brad, sponges (Stampin' Up); dotted patterned paper (K & Company); striped patterned paper (Daisy Bucket); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); markers (Copic Ciao)

4 comments:

  1. Super cute! The coloring of your image is divine. Thanks for playing! :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, I LOVE it :)!

    Hugs,
    catherine
    www.mystampinggrounds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring on this is fantastic!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this one....the circle below is fun!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips