Saturday, May 24, 2008

Verve Times 2

I really enjoyed the Copics class this morning and learned a lot of tips and tricks for using these cool markers. Hopefully you'll notice a difference in the cards I do using them from now on . . .

The cards I have to share tonight are both made using new images from Verve Visual. I really liked the two floral sets in their most recent release.

This first one is for this month's project parade challenge on the Verve Visual blog. I managed to incorporate all of the colors in the challenge by using some color blocking. I stamped the flower image and stem tone on tone on Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, and So Saffron cardstock. I stamped one of the small flowers on a scrap of each of the three colors and trimmed around it, then added some Dazzling Diamonds to the center. I attached each of those smaller flowers to the center of the matching larger one.

To sew the three panels together, I stuck them to a discarded strip of cardstock to hold them in place, then sewed away. I stamped the sentiment in Certainly Celery craft ink at one end of the Certainly Celery strip, then added a ribbon at the other end. The panels are layered on a Cool Caribbean cardfront. I love the way these colors look together--so fresh and summery!

Materials Used:
Petals & Stems stamp set (Verve Visual); Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, and So Saffron Classic inks, Certainly Celery Craft ink, Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, and Cool Caribbean cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds, slit punch, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); sewing machine

The second card is for Julee's Mojo Monday sketch challenge. It uses images from the Floral Whimsy stamp set. I stamped the outline of the vase in Lovely Lilac ink, then filled in the vase with the matching solid stamp using Almost Amethyst ink. The vase is cut out and attached over the flowers and stems with a dimensional. I added small rhinestones to the centers of the flowers for a little sparkle.

I paired the simple flowers and vase images with three different colors of floral patterned paper from SU!'s Prints Series. I have tons of scraps of this Prints Series paper and I'm trying to incorporate it into different projects to use some of it up. I found a coordinating celery satin ribbon to tie around the three patterned paper panels.

None of the sentiments from this set would fit inside the oval piece from SU!'s Hodgepodge Hardware that I wanted to use. So, I turned to Verve's Heartfelt Phrases stamp set. I stamped one of the phrases in Lovely Lilac and set it inside the oval piece to finish off the card. The color combination creates a totally different feel from the first card, so soft and soothing.

Materials Used:
Floral Whimsy and Heartfelt Phrases stamp sets (Verve Visual); Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilac, and Certainly Celery Classic inks, Lovely Lilac, Almost Amethyst, and Soft Sky cardstock, Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery, and Soft Sky Prints Series designer paper, Hodgepodge Hardware, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); celery satin ribbon (Michaels); rhinestones (Walmart)

7 comments:

  1. Both of these are super cute!! I can't wait to see what you do with your copics now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, both cards are fantastic! I can't wait to get those new Verve stamps sometime in the next week or so. Darn border...lol
    Can't wait to see what you learned at your class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, these are both awesome!! Love your color combo card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy your cards and have found a local stamp store that sells Copics so I am debating about buying a few to start. What tips can you pass along from your class??

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both so pretty. Love the lilac on the vases card. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your technique with the flowers! Very pretty colors!! Will be interested in seeing what you do with the Copics - debating about getting some myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUCH gorgeous cards. I love the different dp mixes and your copic skills rock. You're making me want copics girl! ;0)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips