Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Another Bird in Blue

I got a late start on my stamping this evening due to a fun dinner with my kindergarten teacher friends. Every time I meet up with them, I'm reminded how lucky I am to be a part of a fantastic professional community that includes such skilled teachers. Now that I'm home, it's back to work on swaps. With the SU! convention fast approaching, I've noticed that I'm doing more SU! only projects than I've done in a while. I'm really excited about attending convention and about getting some new SU! products, too.

I made this card for today's SCS color challenge. It uses the Always set and Very Vanilla along with two soon-to-retire In Colors, Soft Sky and River Rock. Although I'm liking the new Baja Breeze color, I'm not sure it will replace Soft Sky. I think I thought that about Cool Caribbean, too, last year, so I'll bet that will change as I use Baja Breeze more and more.

Here, I stamped the bird image on Soft Sky cardstock using Very Vanilla craft ink (mine is really light and doesn't leave a good impression) and then embossed with Very Vanilla craft ink. I matted the image with River Rock and Very Vanilla cardstock panels.

The image is placed on a River Rock cardfront along with a panel of dotted River Rock cardstock from the Apple Cider paper pack. I added strips of Very Vanilla and Soft Sky to the left side of the dotted panel to tie in the colors. The sentiment is stamped on the cardfront in River Rock ink.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!);
Always stamp set, River Rock and Soft Sky Classic inks, Very Vanilla Craft ink, River Rock, Soft Sky, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Apple Cider designer series paper, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon, Vanilla embossing powder, scallop edge punch, dimensional

4 comments:

  1. very pretty =)
    i have the same thought with soft sky (i really like it) and yet i said the same thing when cool carribean retired and we'll be in the same boat with Baja Breeze...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! What pretty, soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the colors, the card and that set is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips