Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mailbox Mojo

As I started to write this post, I realized that this is the third card in a row I've posted using Papertrey Ink stamps and cardstock. I guess I must be in a Papertrey kind of mood this weekend! I think it has something to do with all the time I've spent with my SU! stuff getting ready for convention next week. A little change of pace has been nice.

I made this card using Julee's Mojo Monday sketch. As soon as I saw the sketch, I thought that the mailboxes from Mailbox Greetings would work perfectly in the oval panel on the cardfront. For some reason, I really like coloring this image. Here, I used Copic markers for the image and added a sky and some grass with ink and a stipple brush.

I found some striped paper by SEI that coordinated nicely with the Aqua Mist cardfront and Kiwi Kiss sentiment panel. I used a strip of brown twill across the top of the patterned paper--I guess I'm still sticking with the blue and brown theme, too . . .

After I finished this card, I thought it looked a little too plain. I ended up going back and adding the little flower embellishment. I put one of the dot embellishments from Stamping Bella at the flower's center. These are so cute! I have a feeling I'll be including more colors of these dots on my next Bella order.

Materials Used:
Mailbox Greetings stamp set, Aqua Mist and Dark Chocolate Palette inks, Aqua Mist and Dark Chocolate cardstock, Dark Chocolate twill (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Kiwi Kiss Classic ink, Kiwi Kiss cardstock, dimensionals, stipple brush (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (SEI's Oasis line); dot embellishment (Stamping Bella); blue confetti flower (Michaels)

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Lori, your colouring is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your coloring skills! And your blue and brown moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! Beautiful coloring. Thanks for playing!

    Thanks also for the gorgeous Thankful Blossoms card you sent a while back. I posted it to my blog, but just realized I don't think I ever thanked you personally. So THANKS! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips