Friday, August 1, 2008

Blogger Challenge: Week 58

Edited to Add (8/3/08): I just got home from Salt Lake City and found out that the photo didn't upload--oops! Here it is . . .

This week's challenge was another color challenge. Fortunately, this week's colors--Rose Red, Old Olive, So Saffron, and Pumpkin Pie were much, much easier to combine than the ones in Week 56's challenge.

In fact, I had used three of the colors (Rose Red, Old Olive, and Pumpkin Pie) to create a luggage tag as a 3-d swap for the SU! convention just a few days before I completed this challenge project. Since the layout for my previous project was still fresh in my mind, I just changed it up a little to create this card. It's pretty much along the lines of what would happen when you convert an ATC to a cardfront--the smaller piece (the ATC, or in my case, the luggage tag insert) becomes part of the larger card layout.

Here, I stamped the "enjoy" sentiment in Rose Red, then added "the little things" under that. I embellished this with a Pumpkin Pie felt flower. I love these little guys and I'm so glad they weren't on the discontinued accessories list. I tied a piece of Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon around the bottom of the stamped panel and slid an Old Olive scallop edged panel underneath it. I layered this piece on So Saffron and Pumpkin Pie mats.

I used some So Saffron Prints Series paper for the panel on the side of the card. I'm really trying to use some of this floral pattern. It seemed to work okay with the bold main image and the flower embellishment. It looked a little empty so I embellished the panel with some yellow Dew Drops.

If you stop by the other challenge participants' blogs, you'll find lots of other ideas for this color combo. Links to participating bloggers are found in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Enjoy Every Moment stamp set, Rose Red and Pumpkin Pie Classic inks, Rose Red, So Saffron, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White cardstock, So Saffron Prints Series designer paper, Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, scallop edge punch, Flower Fusion felt flower, Rich Regals brads, Crystal Effects (Stampin' Up!); Flame Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps)

4 comments:

 
Blogging tips