Sunday, August 24, 2008

No Tears Here, Just a Pretty Flower

I made this card for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS. It's based on this card. The large flower image on the cardfront really caught my eye. I thought that I could create something similar with the Pretty Tear Drop set from Kitchen Sink Stamps. This set has so many possibilities!

I used one of the dotted tear drop shapes to create the edges of the flower petals. I stamped the flower on a piece of scrap paper first to get an idea of how I needed to space the petals to fit them nicely on the size panel I wanted to use. I filled in the petals with another of the tear-shaped images, this time using the opposite color ink from the outside edge. I added a button in a slightly darker shade of blue to the center using a pop up glue dot. There's a scrap of red dotted ribbon threaded through the button holes and knotted for another pop of color.

I repeated the dot element found in the petals on a few other parts of the card. Instead of using bold flowers as, I used the Swiss dot embossing folder to create background panels. I also added a strip of dotted red ribbon over the seam where the two embossed panels meet.

The sentiment uses two of the word from the Ready 4 Any Holiday stamp set. I stamped them in bold red ink on a Baja Breeze circle, then layered them on a red circle before adding the panel to the cardfront.

Materials Used:
Pretty Tear Drop and Ready 4 Any Holiday stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Pure Poppy Palette ink, Pure Poppy and white cardstock, Pure Poppy Swiss dot satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Swiss dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Baja Breeze Classic ink, Baja Breeze and Certainly Celery cardstock, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, pop up glue dot, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); button (Walmart)

2 comments:

  1. I love your details...wish I had the patience to do that. TFS this is beautiful!

    HUGS & BLESSINGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this card. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips