Thursday, September 25, 2008

Meet Me in the Kitchen For a Party!

It’s official! Kitchen Sink Stamps is celebrating its first birthday. Maria has cooked up five new sets for release today, including a very special limited edition anniversary set and, of course, another one of her trademark multistep flower sets, too. And, in honor of this big event, the first 5 KSS sets (3 Step Daisy, Playful Alphabet, Background & Borders, Thanks with Style, and Pretty Petals) are on sale for 15% off.

Since I’m a teacher, of course I couldn’t resist using the new School Days set for my first cards from the new release. I have two cards to share with you that feature different images from this set.

The first card uses one of the traditional school-themed images, an apple. Maria has created a 4 step apple image that looks so real! Here, I started with SU!’s Ruby Red ink stamped off once for the first layer and then stamped full strength for the second layer. For the third layer, I used SU!’s Riding Hood Red, then finished the image with Papertrey Ink’s Pure Poppy ink. The leaf is a separate, two step image that I did with Kiwi Kiss and Old Olive inks.

I paired the apple image with a green and cream patterned paper with some reddish distressing in the pattern. I found this pretty red ribbon with white piping at the edges to wrap around the card.

Materials Used:
School Days stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Ruby Red, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, and Old Olive Classic inks, Certainly Celery and Very Vanilla cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Pure Poppy Palette ink, Pure Poppy cardstock (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (My Mind’s Eye-Everyday Tango pad); ribbon (Martha Stewart)


Here’s the second card, using completely different images from the School Days set. This one uses the 3 step ruler. I ended up making a long card to accommodate the entire image. The detail is amazing! You can read the tiny numbers and see the little markings along the ruler’s edge. I used a beige pigment ink for the base, then two different shades of brown for the woodgrain and number images. I stamped the sentiment under the ruler in bold red ink.

The image is stamped on a piece of patterned paper that looks like traditional notebook paper. I used a spiral edge punch along the left side to make it look like it came out of a spiral notebook.

The rest of the card is pretty simple. I couldn’t resist adding more apples here, so I used a piece of patterned paper from Sassafrass Lass along the left side of my card.

Materials Used:
School Days stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Close to Cocoa and Creamy Caramel Classic inks, Brocade Blue and Close to Cocoa cardstock, spiral edge punch, Real Red wide grosgrain ribbon, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen (Stampin’ Up!); Dune pigment ink (Colorbox); Pure Poppy Palette ink, Pure Poppy cardstock (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (apples-Sassafras Lass; notebook paper-Me & My Big Ideas Alison pad)

You can stop by the other design team members’ blogs to see more of the new releases.
Maria Colosimo (KSS Owner)
Dee Jackson (KSS Design Team Coordinator)
Nicole Cooke
Tracy Durcan
Tammy Hershberger
Erika Martin
Julie Masse
Beth Silaika

Janine Tinklenberg

7 comments:

  1. These are both just gorgeous! That apple and ruler are really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Lori!! Love the images and I adore that font!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really love these. I just left a comment on the card you made on SCS:) Wow just fabulous Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards Lori!
    As always, your work is straight A's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could take a bite out of that apple! Your copic lessons really paid off~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Has it been a year already! WOW, how time flies. Great card, too, LOL.
    Sandy O
    www.papertransformer.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips