Monday, September 22, 2008

Yum!

I just got these new cupcake stamps from Pink Poison and I couldn't resist trying them out for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge sketch from the weekend. My version strayed a little from the original sketch, but was definitely inspired by it.

I stamped the cupcake on a scrap of white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers. I trimmed around it, then covered the cherry with some Crystal Effects for a shiny glaze and coated the cupcake top with some Stickles. I layered the cupcake on a light pink mat, then on a darker pink circle, then on a scalloped red circle to match the cherry.

I used a piece of pink patterned paper to cover most of the cardfront and match the pink cupcake. I created a layered band using a piece of dotted red paper attached to two strips of coordinating cardstock. I used my sewing machine to stitch the band in place. My sewing has gotten much straighter--I'm finally getting the hang of it!

To go with all of the dots in the patterned paper, I tied a piece of dotted ribbon around the card, then placed the cupcake panel using dimensionals. The pink patterned paper was light enough that I was able to stamp the "Yum!" sentiment directly on the paper in red ink for a bold finishing touch.

Materials Used:
Cupcake stamp set (Pink Poison); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); Pure Poppy Palette ink, Pure Poppy cardstock, Pure Poppy Swiss dot satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Regal Rose and Pink Pirouette cardstock, Real Red Patterns designer paper, Crystal Effects, paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Me & My Big Ideas Alison paper pad); Cotton Candy Stickles (Ranger); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); sewing machine

6 comments:

  1. Yummy! I am so hungry for a cupcake now! Your card is so cute! LOVE all the pink!!!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love all of the pink tones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is wonderful and the cupcake is too pretty to eat!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips