Friday, October 10, 2008

Blogger Challenge: Week 68

This week's blogger challenge is an inspiration challenge. We haven't done one of these in a while now. Lisa shared this photo for us to use as the inspiration for our cards for today.

I loved the bold, graphic look of the comforter and pillows and the contrast between the black, white and red. As I planned my card, I knew I wanted to include those elements in my card for the challenge.



I used the Guide Lines set from Papertrey Ink to create the black and white pattern across the bottom of the cardfront. I stamped the grid and the medallion image in black ink, then used a red marker to color in the centers of the images for a pop of color. I wrapped a piece of red Swiss Dot satin ribbon around the stamped panel, then layered on a circle with a bold red sentiment.

I layered the stamped panel on a black panel, then on a red panel before placing them on a white cardfront. This was such a quick card to create.

To see other projects based on the same inspiration piece, take a look at the other challenge participants' blogs. You can find links in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Guidelines and Paper Tray stamp sets, Noir Black and Pure Poppy Palette inks, Pure Poppy and white cardstock, Pure Poppy Swiss dot satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Basic Black cardstock, Real Red marker, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); 1" circle punch (EK Success); black brad (Making Memories)

25 comments:

  1. Perfect! I love the spot of solid white, it really adds as weird as that sounds, lol. Great job with the inspiration. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card Lori...so elegant!
    Hey I got some HAPPY mail from you yesterday!!! I'll get a pic of it and on my blog tomorrow!! Thanks for making me smile when I got home yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lori - you and I were on the same train of thought here! Fabulous job and Guide Lines is a perfect set for this challenge. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, this set works perfect with the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card. What a wonderful set that Guide Lines is. Beautiful job...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Lori! Love the way you used the Guide Lines set! Great job with this challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Gorgeous! I send the next two recipes. Please let me know if you got them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect!! I love the simplicity and clean lines of this! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried it again to all three emails. If this doesn't work, I'll just post it here!! Geez!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the pattern on the bottom. It really captures the same look as the inspiration piece. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous! Love how we used the same set (Guide Lines)...and even the same stamp, with very different results! LOVE your version!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Card...You really captured the look of the Inspiration Piece. Love how the you did the paper in layers like the borders around the pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and rich looking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job with the challenge! Guide lines is a perfect set for this challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This turned out gorgeous! So much like the original piece {SMILEs}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning! Perfect set for this weeks challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The patterned paper that you created with the guide lines set really grounds the card and gives focas on the main image!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely. Love that classy & chic pattern with the hit of red. SO pretty! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty card! That set works fabulously for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome job on this challenge. You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow...Great card. Your card is a great match to the inspiration pic. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wowzers! You rocked this challenge, GF! this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  23. love this! you did a beautiful job of stamping, and love that ribbon too! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. VERY cool card! I love that grid look with the stamp. You hit a home run with this one (or should I say scored a goal?) lol!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a perfect line up Lori! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips