Saturday, October 18, 2008

Blue Guide Lines Thank You

I made this card for Beate's weekend sketch challenge. I almost went with a very little stamping approach and was planning to use some patterned paper for the large panel on the front of my card. Instead, I changed my mind and pulled out my Guide Lines stamp set from Papertrey Ink instead.

I stamped the grid lines in Pacific Point ink on a Baja Breeze panel, then filled in the squares with one of the images. I added a dot of glitter to the center of each image using a Stardust pen (I love using this pen--it's a pretty safe method for applying glitter compared to Stickles).

I edged the stamped panel with a narrow strip of Kiwi Kiss cardstock, then added a piece of Pacific Point cardstock that I had run through a scallop dot edge punch (a cool combination of the Fiskars Threading Water and SU! scallop edge punches that I got last week) to the sides of the panel. I tied in a little more brown by wrapping a piece of Chocolate Chip poly twill around the panel. I really like this blue, brown, and green color combo!

I added a striped Baja Breeze panel to the bottom portion of the card. The sentiment panel was created by layering two circles together. I used a sentiment from the Faux Ribbon set. The fonts and sentiments in this set are great and so versatile.

Materials Used:
Guide Lines and Faux Ribbon stamp sets (Papertrey Ink); Pacific Point Classic ink, Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, and Kraft cardstock, Baja Breeze Patterns designer paper, Chocolate Chip poly twill, 1 3/4" circle punch, silver brad (Stampin' Up!); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success); scallop dot edge punch (Martha Stewart); clear Stardust pen (Sakura)

2 comments:

  1. Love your card! I have yet to ink up this set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, Lori! Love the background you stamped an the great borders you punched.
    Have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for playing
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips