Sunday, October 12, 2008

Gold?

I almost never use gold in my cards. I just tend to prefer silver or copper to gold, but I was really drawn to this elegant gold embossed card in the gallery of today's featured stamper on SCS. I decided to give gold a try today for my version.

I am probably the only person who doesn't have the SU! Lovely as a Tree set, and those images would have been perfect to use here, so I had to find a different tree image to use. I settled on this more whimsical image from last month's kit of the month at Unity Stamp Co. (this month's kit should be arriving soon--yay!). I stamped the image with Versamark, then covered it with gold embossing powder--took me a while to locate that! I added gold brads in the corner just like in the original piece.

Since my image was more of a square shape, I ended up making my card into a 4 1/4" square card so that it wouldn't look distorted. I layered my embossed image on a square of textured gold cardstock, which is pretty much the only gold paper I could find. I layered that on a slightly larger square of white, then attached it to the cardfront panels with dimensionals.

I wrapped a piece of gold ribbon around the cardfront. I slipped a small sliver of silver cord inside the knot as nod to my preference for silver--I couldn't resist!

Materials Used:
tree image (Love.Friendship.Miracles September Kit of the Month, Unity Stamp Co.); gold textured cardstock (DCWV); Basic Black cardstock, Versamark, Gold Glory embossing powder, silver cord, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); gold brads (Making Memories); gold ribbon (Michaels)

4 comments:

  1. this turned out gorgeous lori!!! soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super elegant looking! That color combo just looks so 'rich'! Nice job! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love whimsical tree. It really freshens up the classy. Stunning look! Great in gold ep. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant Lori. I love gold and black together. You did a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips