Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara}: Recipe 19

Here’s my card for this week’s recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. This week’s required ingredients were felt, Stickles or other glitter, and an office supply product.

I combined images from two different sets from Kitchen Sink Stamps to come up with this card. I used the sentiment from Thanks with Style. I stamped the sentiment in red pigment ink, then added a trio of hearts from the Love & Luck stamp set directly underneath. Once the pigment ink I used to stamp the hearts dried a little, I covered them with Cotton Candy Stickles.

I set the stamped sentiment panel on a slightly larger red panel, then added a metal tab embellished with a heart to the upper left corner. Yes, that’s my office supply—the challenge rules said it could be an office supply made for scrapbooking or cardmaking! I layered the sentiment panel over a patterned paper panel. If you look closely, you can see that the sentiment panel has a scored diagonal grid pattern to mirror the pattern from the paper. I made the grid before stamping the images and still managed to get a good impression from the stamps.

The final element I added was a felt heart. I attached this at the lower right corner of the sentiment panel using a dimensional.

For more combinations using this layout, check out Tamara's blog. I'm curious to see how the other DT members incorporated office supplies in their cards and layouts!

Materials Used:
Thanks with Style and Love & Luck stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Real Red and Regal Rose Craft inks, Real Red and Pink Pirouette cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); patterned paper (Me & My Big Ideas Alison paper pad); felt heart (American Crafts); Cotton Candy Stickles (Ranger); red satin ribbon (Michaels); metal tab (Making Memories)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips