Thursday, October 30, 2008

Something Scary and Something Sweet

Here are my two cards for today's Hip Hop Thursday challenges from the Unity Stamp Co. forum on SCS. First up is my scary card. The challenge was to make a card with Halloween colors. It looks simple on the outside, with some striped patterned paper in oranges, greens, purples, and black. I added one of the creatures from the Cuter Than Most kit, colored with Copic markers and matted on a purple scalloped circle, and a piece of black satin ribbon.

The "boo!" sentiment is revealed on the inside of the card, popping up when the card is opened. These cards are so easy to make and I haven't done one in a long time. I'm going to work on editing the photo so I can get the inside to show as an inset in the big photo . . .

Materials Used:
Cuter Than Most and stamp kits (Unity Stamp Co.); patterned paper (K & Company);white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); Pumpkin Pie and Elegant Eggplant cardstock, word window punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); black satin ribbon (Target)


Here's my card for the challenge to feature an image of something sweet. I stamped the lollipop image from Delectable Delights three times, once each on red, yellow, and blue cardstock panels using black craft ink. Each sweet treat is embellished with a single self-adhesive rhinestone. I arranged the lollipop images on a black panel, then layered that on a red Swiss dot embossed panel.

I added the sentiment on a word window punch, accented with another sparkly self-adhesive rhinestone. I really like the look of the bold primary colors against the black.

Materials Used: Delectable Delights stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Black Craft ink, Riding Hood Red, Brocade Blue, Yoyo Yellow, and Basic Black cardstock, word window punch (Stampin' Up!); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); self-adhesive rhinestones (Michaels); Pure Poppy Swiss dot satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips