Saturday, October 11, 2008

Super Kid!

Here’s a fun card I made for my friend’s little boy’s fifth birthday (I can’t believe he’s 5—time sure flies!). I used the Super Tyler image from Stamping Bella. I think this is a perfect image for a little boy’s birthday card.

I colored Super Tyler with Copic markers and used a sponge to add grass and sky. I masked the image with a post-it note to protect it while I sponged away. I cut the image out with an oval Nestabilities die, then matted the image on a slightly larger Ballet Blue oval.

I found some striped patterned paper from a big paper pad to . I added a paper pierced strip of So Saffron cardstock along the bottom of the striped panel and stamped the “you’re super!” sentiment on the solid paper. The final element was a large star punched out of So Saffron cardstock and attached to the cardfront with a dimensional.

I kept myself from adding more "stuff" since the card is for a little boy, but I think if I were to do this card over (and I may just do that to keep a few in my personal card stash . . .), I'd add a few star brads to the striped paper panel, kind of under the star punch.

Materials Used:
Super Tyler image and sentiment (Stamping Bella); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); Ballet Blue and Certainly Celery Classic inks, Ruby Red, So Saffron, and Ballet Blue cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, large star punch, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); patterned paper (My Mind’s Eye); oval dies (Nestabilities)

8 comments:

  1. Adorable card for your friend's little boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super DEE Duper card! way cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - what an awesome super hero!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute clean card Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this little boy card Lori! I have to tie my hands behind my back sometimes to refrain from adding more embellishments! I just love to use them and goodness knows, I've got them......!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this little guy!! I've been debating on getting him...I think you've made up my mind!!
    Great Card!!
    Danielle
    www.memorycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The card is adorable! Thanks for making such a special card for Jake's birthday. I...I mean Jake...loved it! You are really getting good with those Copic markers!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips