Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Unity Challenge: Week 8

This week’s Unity Stamp Co. challenge theme came from Angela sharing some cards made by the Unity guys. All of that led to a discussion during last week’s Hip Hop Thursday on the Unity forum at SCS about husbands/boyfriends and cardmaking and ultimately to the theme for our challenge for today, masculine cards.

I used the Gratitude=Joy stamp kit for my main images. I think these images are so versatile. I stamped one of the leafy images in River Rock ink on squares of Very Vanilla cardstock, then layered them on slightly larger squares of Sahara Sand cardstock. I used Sahara Sand to stamp the “gratitude” sentiment underneath the image on one of the panels.

The new Basic Grey Granola line has great masculine images and colors, so I used a pattern called Seed for the panel on my cardfront. I added a paper pierced black strip to the left side of the panel and embellished it with a trio of brads.

If you want to see what the other Unity Challenge Girls have come up with for this week's challenge, you can find links to their blogs in the sidebar on the right. I'm always in need of ideas for masculine cards, so I'll definitely be checking their blogs for some new ideas!

Materials Used:
Gratitude=Joy kit (Unity Stamp Co.); River Rock and Sahara Sand Classic inks, River Rock, Sahara Sand, Basic Black, and Very Vanilla cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); patterned paper (Basic Grey’s Granola line); black brads (Making Memories)

14 comments:

  1. This is very nice! I love the subtle colors . . . very mellow and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Lori! I stink at masculine cards but yours is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is so pretty and organic looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, I love how organic this is. I think I need this set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a great masculine card. love the dsp you used and the colors are just right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is really really nice Lori, great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. turned out really great..I need that kit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cool lori!!! subtle and super!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, I really like this. This is just gorgeous! Great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips