Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Unity Challenge: Week 12

It’s time for another Unity Challenge. This week’s challenge comes from Tanis. She challenged us to create a card for a child using primary colors (red, yellow, and blue).

I used the Cuter Than Most set for my card. This set is definitely not just for Halloween! It’s great for cards for little boys. I found the perfect paper to fit both the alien/creature image and the challenge colors. It’s space themed in blue, red, and yellow (with just a bit of green thrown in too—but still close enough). I colored the creature with Copic markers to match the paper, then added a wiggly eye.

I broke out my new Nestabilities Labels 1 die for the panel on the cardfront. The sentiment is stamped in red pigment ink in the upper right corner, leaving room for the creature in the lower right corner. I thought about adding another layered label below the yellow one, but I ended up deciding not to so that more of the patterned paper would show. I wrapped a piece of star patterned American Crafts ribbon around the cardfront to go with my space theme and added a felt star to the edge of the image panel, too.

For more Unity ideas and inspiration, stop by the other challenge participants blogs. You can find links in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Cuter Than Most stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); Real Red Craft ink, Real Red, Barely Banana, and Brocade Blue cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool (Stampin’ Up!); Labels 1 die, circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); patterned paper (Paper Pizazz-Blue Atoms); star ribbon, felt star (American Crafts); wiggly eye

9 comments:

  1. SO CUTE, Lori!! I love the shaped panel for the sentiment and the start ribbon and embellishment! Totally out of this world! (heehee...sorry, couldn't help it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just reminded me of my next nestie purchase!!! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Lori. Just love those little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I really like the colors and that fact that you made what was billed as a Halloween stamp stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous,card, Lori. love the dsp with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So bright and fun!! And those guys are just too too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lori, I love how you used the nestabilities die. . .and oh, that image is so cute! LOL! Very unique I must say. Awesome job on your card!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips