Monday, January 26, 2009

Kitchen Sink Monday: As Easy as 1, 2, 3

I’m the host for this week’s Kitchen Sink Monday challenge. My theme for the challenge is “Easy as 1, 2, 3—With a Twist.” One of the things that Kitchen Sink Stamps is known for is its fabulous multi-step images. With that in mind, I challenged the members of the Kitchen Sink Crew to share creations with KSS’s unique multi step images with one catch—no floral images.

Here’s my challenge card. I used the 3 Step Baseball set to create a birthday card for my best friend’s husband. I used the catcher’s mitt image as the focal point of my card. It is a 4 step image, stamped first in Papertrey Ink’s Vintage Cream ink, then in SU!’s Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, and Chocolate Chip inks.

The colors for the card were inspired by our local baseball team, the Washington Nationals. I had some baseball themed designer paper that I used for the panel on the cardfront. I know it doesn’t look baseball themed, but the pattern on the back is, I promise! I used some solid paper scraps to make a place for the sentiment. Since this is for a guy, I kept the embellishments at a minimum—just some faux stitching and brads to highlight the sentiment.

The multi-step images from KSS are so easy to use and create amazingly detailed images. If you want to see how multi-step stamping works, Maria has created a detailed tutorial to show you. It was in last week’s Paper Craft Planet newsletter, but in case you missed it, you can find it here.

For more projects with KSS’s multi-step stamp sets, you can visit the rest of the Kitchen Sink Crew. Here are links to their blogs:
Angela Knopf
Dee Jackson
Julie Masse
Lynn McAuley
Maria Colosimo
Nicole Cooke
Tammy Hershberger

Materials Used:
3 Step Baseball stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Vintage Cream Palette ink (Papertrey Ink); Night of Navy, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, and Chocolate Chip Classic inks, White Craft ink, Real Red, Night of Navy, and Whisper White cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (Moxxie); circle dies (Nestabilities); blue brads (Making Memories)

7 comments:

  1. I sure miss those fabulous days of spring baseball now that my son is grown and gone!! What a wonderful card, Lori! Perfect for an avid baseball fan!! The layout and colors are sensational!!

    Thanks for this fun challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Lori!! That glove looks so real and what a great set that is for all those masculine cards!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome "guy" card, Lori and fun challenge! Thanks for thinking of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the weathered look of the DP and the great masculine colors you chose. I always find it hard to hold back on the embellishments on *guy* cards too. Thanks for the awesome challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Handsome color combo Lori! Love the faux stitching ... great way to embellish a masculine card! :D GO Nationals! Thanks for the fun challenge Lori!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips