Sunday, January 18, 2009

Page Plans Child's Valentine Card

Here’s my card for this week’s sketch at Page Plans. This week, our theme was children’s Valentine cards. I flipped the sketch a little to create this fun card using supplies from i {heart} papers.

I used the adorable giraffe image from Our Craft Lounge’s Tree-Mendous Love set for my main image. The giraffe is colored with Copic markers and highlighted with some Cotton Candy Stickles. I layered the image on a pink scalloped rectangle mat, then attached a ghost heart as an embellishment. The ghost heart is attached using the smallest glue dot I have (the smaller the glue dot, the less you'll notice it).

I used some striped paper from Piggy Tales for the panel on the cardfront along with a solid piece of olive cardstock. I stamped the heart border image from the stamp set along the bottom of the olive panel. I wrapped a piece of fuchsia faux suede ribbon around the panel, then attached it to the Regal Rose card base. So cute!

You still have a few more days to enter the Page Plans contest to win a brand new Making Memories Slice. I would love it if one of my readers was the big winner! Check here for all the details.

Materials Used:
From
i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Tree-Mendous Love stamp set, Piggy Tales Gretel-Oven Door designer paper, May Arts fuchsia faux suede ribbon, Nestabilities rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies, Cotton Candy Stickles; Heidi Swapp ghost hearts
Other: Regal Rose and Old Olive Classic inks, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, and Old Olive cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao)

6 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card Lori - I love the colors and that stamp! Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo cute, what a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a super cadorable card Lori! I love that giraffe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Lori for the 411 on the ghost heart! Cute card, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute giraffe! I love his hearts (and the big clear one too)! Your card is so sweet and pretty!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips