Friday, February 20, 2009

Blogger Challenge: Week 87

This week's blogger challenge was an inspiration challenge based on a photo of a bedding set. It had a damask pattern in shades of rust and coral-ish colors, so I pulled some of those elements for my challenge card.

I'm not a big damask person--just not my style, I guess. I created my own pattern using some gloss patterned cardstock I found in a package of patterned paper from the Target Dollar Spot in the fall. The paper has a subtle tone on tone circle pattern. I cut a piece of the paper, then stamped in each of the circles with one of the images from Papertrey Ink's Guide Lines set.

I layered my re-mixed patterned cardstock on a piece of cream cardstock, then attached it to a Melon Berry card base. My new PTI stuff arrived yesterday and I couldn't resist using it for the challenge! I stamped the "thank you" sentiment from the new Beyond Basic Borders set on a small piece of Melon Berry in Melon Berry ink, then attached a cream button (also new PTI) to the end of the sentiment panel.

For more projects inspired by the same bedding set, you can visit the rest of the challenge participants. In these inspiration challenges, I'm always amazed at how different everyone's projects are even though they're based on the exact same thing. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Guide Lines and Beyond Basic Borders stamp sets, Melon Berry Palette ink, Melon Berry cardstock, cream button (Papertrey Ink); Very Vanilla cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Raw Silk pigment ink (Colorbox); patterned paper (Target Dollar Spot--Modern Fall pack)

18 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Great take on the inspiration piece! Love the glossy CS. {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you jazzed up the DSP, simple yet striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is awesome!! Great job with the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an awesome card. Love what you have done with the paper.

    :) Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo pretty! I love the button addition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card. Love how you stamped on your DP to create your own unique designer paper and the button was a wonderful touch as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY pretty...love stamping on the DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty Lori! The designer paper turned out wonderfully! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice card...and the background is the perfect match for the cardfront.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! The paper piercing on the corners is a great way to focus on the main image!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's lovely! I really like what you did with the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your paper is very pretty--great interpretation of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How simple and beautiful! A stunning job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you stamped on the patterned paper to make it your own. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful, but simple card. Great idea to take a patterned paper and make it your own. Fabulous job with our Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips