Monday, February 9, 2009

Girls Night Out--and More!

The theme for this month’s Paper Craft Planet design team gallery is friendship. I thought that the “girls night out” sentiment from the soon to be released Martini Darling set from Clear & Simple Stamps would make a great card to send a friend.

I used a predominantly pink color scheme with grey and black accents. The sentiment is stamped in bold raspberry ink against a paler pink background. I attached a scalloped strip matching the color of the sentiment directly beneath it. I love the metallic silver-gray shade of the satin ribbon wrapped around the satin strip. It looks so smooth and cool.

I stamped the martini glass image on a piece pf pale pink cardstock in gray ink, then punched it out with a circle punch. It’s layered on a slightly larger black circle to help it stand out, then attached to the card with dimensionals.

Materials Used:
Martini Darling stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Raspberry Fizz Palette ink, Raspberry Fizz cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Basic Gray Classic ink, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Basic Gray, and Basic Black cardstock, scallop edge punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, 1 ¼” and 1 3/8” circle punches, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); gray satin ribbon (Target)


Here’s another fun project using the Martini Darling set. I wanted to try something that was new to me and a little different, too. I used the images in the set to stamp on some towels to make a fun hostess gift. I’m really pleased with how this turned out.

I used a set of flour sack towels (purchased at Target) as the base for my project. They were pretty plain-looking, so after I ironed the towel, I stitched on a length of red grosgrain ribbon with my sewing machine (first time I’ve used it on a real sewing project—LOL!). The ribbon proved to be very helpful for lining up my stamped images at least somewhat straight.

The images were stamped in Palette inks. This type of ink works nicely on fabrics and dries pretty quickly, too. I stamped a simple repeating pattern of black outlined martini glass and red “happy hour” sentiment from one end of the towel to the other. After I was done stamping, I let the images set for a few minutes, then went over them with my iron to heat set them.

Materials Used:
Martini Darling stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Noir Black Palette ink; Pure Poppy Palette ink (Papertrey Ink); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); flour sack towel (Target); sewing machine

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun project!!!! Perfect for your ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity. Also really like the pink paired with the grey! Cute! :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent and sewing too? Way eyond me!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips