Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lucky Bunnies and Sweet Blessings

Here's my card for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS. It's based on this card in Jami's gallery. Lots of her cards use images from The Greeting Farm, so I figured I'd change her original card to use one of Marie's cute images.

I replaced the original bear and balloon image with the bunny and balloon image from Lucky Bunnies. I colored the bunny with Copic markers and added a white Fun Flock belly. I stamped a few extra balloons to add to the image panel. I used a cloud template and an inked up sponge to make the cloud backdrop for the image. After carefully trimming around the bunny, I set it on the panel using dimensionals, along with the extra balloons.

I borrowed a sentiment from the Home Sweet Home set and inked just the "miss you" part to stamp along the bottom of the image panel. The rest of the card is pretty similar to the original, other than the change in color scheme to a softer, pastel one.

Materials Used:
Lucky Bunnies and Home Sweet Home stamp sets (The Greeting Farm); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Ballet Blue and Bashful Blue Classic inks, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, and Pretty in Pink cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); cloud template (Nicole); light blue grosgrain ribbon (Morex); white Fun Flock (Stampendous); Spots and Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

And, here's another card from this afternoon. I made this using some of the downloadable digital papers from Gina K Designs. I paired the paper with the Sweetest Blessings set, also from Gina K, and Taylor's Cupcake Challenge sketch.

I colored the cupcake with Copic markers to coordinate with the digital papes and added some Pink Shimmerz on the cupcake top and a little clear Glaze pen to the cherry. I cut the image and mat with Nestabilities and layered them over a strip of dark brown grosgrain ribbon.

I printed the digi papers on matte presentation paper. It's a lighter weight than cardstock, so hopefully it will use a little less ink to print. I trimmed the paper strips to size on my paper cutter then layered them on the brown cardstock mat. I used a little adhesive to sew them in place before stitching them with my sewing machine.

Materials Used:
Sweetest Blessings stamp set, Neopolitan digital paper pack (Gina K Designs); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); dark brown grosgrain ribbon (Morex); Close to Cocoa Classic ink, Pink Pirouette and Close to Cocoa cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Pink Shimmerz (i {heart} papers); clear Glaze pen (Sakura); oval and scalloped oval dies (Nestabilities); sewing machine

3 comments:

  1. Adorable cards Lori! I love both the bunny & the cupcake and such pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two adorable cards, Lori! That bunny is just the cutest!

    Hugs~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable cards! Lovey the papers...I've printed mine and haven't been able to play yet. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips