Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Unity Challenge: Week 25

****Check out blog candy in post below****

This week's Unity Addicts challenge comes from Jessy, who was feeling a little under the weather over the weekend. So, she challenged us to make a get well card.

Here's my bright and cheery card. I used the "stacked" bird image from Unity's August Kit of the Month for the image panel. The birds are heat embossed, then colored in with an aqua painter and reinkers I added some Angel Wings Shimmerz, too.

I didn't have a Unity get well sentiment, so I went through my collection for a substitute sentiment. I decided on the "hugs" sentiment from the Mix Up of Cuteness kit and stamped it repeatedly alongside the bird image in Pumpkin Pie ink.

I colored the birds to coordinate with the cheery colors in the multi-colored patterned paper from We R Memory Keepers I used to cover most of the card base. I added a strip of a different patterned paper in the same shades of color along the bottom and wrapped a ribbon around the card. I may go back and add a trio of Dew Drops to the upper left side of the card--I'm still undecided on that.
For more get well card inspiration, you can visit the rest of the Unity Addicts. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
August Kit of the Month and Mix Up of Cuteness kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Pumpkin Pie, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, and Regal Rose Classic inks/reinkers, Versamark, Pumpkin Pie, Barely Banana, Bashful Blue, and Whisper White cardstock, aqua painter, Black embossing powder, Certainly Celery 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, mat pack and paper piercing tool, scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (We R Memory Keepers); Angel Wings Shimmerz (i {heart} papers)

7 comments:

  1. Lori! this is so stinkin' cute! love the colors and those birds are perfect to cheer anyone up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER cute! I just love those birds and your card's composition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colors you used on this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute, I love those birds. And the colors are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori- this is a great card. I LOVE how creative you are!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Lori! The birds are adorable and I love the We R paper! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute- that sentiment is perfect for a get well card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips